Today I want to talk about how to get quoted in the media as an expert and show you what steps you need to take.
So there are tons of reasons why you would want to get quoted in the media:
- Position yourself as the expert
- Raise your profile
- Get in front of more of your ideal clients
- Inspire trust in potential customers
- Be able to confidently raise your prices (people will pay a premium for a product or service that comes from an expert)
- Open the door to more opportunities
- Drive more traffic to your website
- Get more followers on social media
- Make more sales
But how do you go about it? Here are some quick ‘n easy tips for you…
How To Get Quoted In The Media
1. Create amazing content
Put out wow-inducing blog posts, podcasts or videos and watch your status as an expert rise
2. Show people how awesome you are
Show journalists you’re a pro by making sure your achievements and credentials are clearly listed on your website
3. Get published
Whether it’s writing a book or having an article published in a relevant publication, you can easily show off your expertise by getting published
4. Write guest blog posts
Similarly, writing a guest blog post for a well known blog like Huffington Post, Forbes, Entrepreneur or something within your niche, will help to position you as an expert
5. Pitch yourself as an expert
Pitch yourself to the press as an expert by sharing your tips, advice and expertise. Journalists are constantly looking for experts to quote in the press, as well as expert content to fill their pages.
So for anyone wanting to know how to get quoted in the media, those are some tips to get your started.
Do you have any questions or comments about how to get quoted in the media? Comment below and let me know.