Today I want to talk about how to get quoted in the media as an expert and show you what steps you need to take.
So there are tons of reasons why you would want to get quoted in the media:
- Position yourself as the expert
- Raise your profile
- Get in front of more of your ideal clients
- Inspire trust in potential customers
- Be able to confidently raise your prices (people will pay a premium for a product or service that comes from an expert)
- Open the door to more opportunities
- Drive more traffic to your website
- Get more followers on social media
- Make more sales
[Tweet “There are tons of reasons to get quoted in the media”]
But how do you go about it? Here are some quick ‘n easy tips for you…
How To Get Quoted In The Media
1. Create amazing content
Put out wow-inducing blog posts, podcasts or videos and watch your status as an expert rise
2. Tell people how awesome you are
Show journalists you’re a pro by making sure your achievements and credentials are clearly listed on your website
3. Get published
Whether it’s writing a book or having an article published in a relevant publication, you can easily show off your expertise by getting published
4. Write guest blog posts
Similarly, writing a guest blog post for a well known blog like Huffington Post, Forbes, Entrepreneur or something within your niche, will help to position you as an expert
5. Sign up to expert source/media request services
So for anyone wanting to know how to get quoted in the media, those are some tips to get your started.
P.S. For more help on getting quoted in the media, join my Business Fame School programme.
Do you have any questions or comments about how to get quoted in the media? Comment below and let me know.