Want to know how to create a PR plan? I have some simple steps to get you started, so grab a pen and notebook and let’s go!
How To Create A PR Plan
Start with an overview of your PR and marketing activity – what is it like now, how do you want it to change?
What do you hope to achieve with your PR?
- Raise your profile?
- Become the ‘go to’ expert?
- Build your credibility?
- Become more known locally?
- Break into a global market?
- Become well known in your niche?
- Reach a new audience?
- Gain more followers?
- Generate more sales?
- Gain broadcast experience?
- Show off your writing skill?
Think about all the goals you want to achieve with your PR campaign during the course of the year. Knowing your goals will help you reverse-engineer it so that you can pick the PR activities that will help you to achieve what you want to achieve.
Which PR activities will you use to reach your goals?
- Sending press releases to local press
- Creating content for trade press
- Pitching specialist publications in your niche
- Writing guest articles as an expert
- Pitching national media
- Pitching international media
- Appearing on podcasts/radio
- Appearing on TV
Who do you want to reach with your PR? Who are your ideal clients? Are they local/national/international? Which media outlets will help you get in front of your ideal clients?
5) Target media
Which publications and media outlets are on your wish-list?
How will you implement your PR campaign? Which PR activities will you carry out and when?
Now you know how to create a PR plan I’d love to hear what your PR goals are. Comment below and let me know!
Don’t forget to download my FREE PR & Content Calendar to get 100+ story ideas to pitch the press!